The Manager's Journal is a blog written by Michael Turner telling you all about his Football Manager journey. Football Manager 2011 is the 5th game in the series that he has written about, the first being a blog written about CM99/00. Now, almost 10 years on from the first post, and still keen to write, the site will also contain posts about real-life football, just in case you have been focusing on FM too much.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First Season Friendly

Start of the season is always a tense time. Players just coming back from a holiday, high expectations. As I said before, I was pondering on the type of tactic I should employ. After some advice from Paine (Thanks Mate), I set out using a 4-4-2 variation that I had downloaded from one of the leading FM download servers. Regrettably, I forget which, so if this tactic is yours, please let me know, as you deserve credit, it's a great tactic.



The player instructions are



The first match of the season, was against Bournemouth at The Fitness First Stadium. A good start for my boys in my opinion. Final score 3-0.



A healthy start to the season, Vokes and Jarvis started off to a flyer, putting us two ahead after 13 minutes. A number of missed opportunities make us wonder, closing in on half-time, but the opposition keeper prevented us from reaching 3 before half in spectacular fashion.

Directly after the half, Foley scored a goal, rounding the keeper before placing the shot. Despite some shocking misses, it was a good display, especially from Ricardo Rocha, who was signed from Tottenham days earlier. Man of the Match was awarded to Jarvis, who scored, and held the left wing quite well. As of that match, it has come to my attention, that another brilliant player was sitting amongst my squad, that played being Karl Henry, who played quite well in his midfield role before being substituted. He will be a major factor for the Wolves this season.

2 comments:

  1. A very attack minded tactic there, I think attacking tactics are always better to use on FM IMO. Looks like you will be scoring plenty this season if all goes well. Well done on getting Rocha too, I think you will need good defenders with an attacking tactic like that so Im sure he will be a vital player for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i had to ask for a budget adjustement to get him, but he seems to be doing well. In case i start to stuff up with the attacking style, I have a backup tactic, based around the midfield, 4-5-1, or 5-4-1, in case it gets really bad.

    ReplyDelete