The Manager's Journal is a blog written by Michael Turner telling you all about his Football Manager journey. Football Manager 2011 is the 5th game in the series that he has written about, the first being a blog written about CM99/00. Now, almost 10 years on from the first post, and still keen to write, the site will also contain posts about real-life football, just in case you have been focusing on FM too much.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pre-Season Update

Well, the start of my maiden Premier League Run is about to begin, and here is the start of my decisive season.

I decided to aim for a mid-table placing, due to the number of transfers I was making, It seemed sensible.



We were given a heap of cash from TV rights, and also players being sold helped me purchase some quality players, so of which were outlined last post.



A very fitting way for me to start the season, against Man Utd and Arsenal. It will be a test, but I am ready to take them on.



Squad



New Players

Marek Cech (West Brom)


Lucas Neil (West Ham)


Glauber (Man City)


James McFadden (Birmingham)


Miroslav Stoch (Free)
(Apparently has the potential to be world class)


Dan Spence (Free)


Dean Ashton (West Ham)


Willy Sagnol (FC Bayern)


The emphasis is on defence this season, as I think my team can cope offensively.

A very short update, but from now on, due to school, I will have very small updates during the week, with large ones on the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I think that your combo upfront will be Ashton-Ebanks Blake, so it will be key for you that Ashton can avoid his usual injuries, if so they sould work very well together.

    ReplyDelete